Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Week 1 EOC - My Best and Worst Job

The best job I've had has been a Sales Associate at a high-end retail store called Marciano which is by Guess. I loved my job at that store, it was at the Caesars Palace location which was amazing as well since I met very wealthy people that just bought over $1000 in clothing-wear. My team in that store was amazing, we were like a family and for me that meant a lot since I don’t have any family here in Las Vegas. I was so motivated and happy to go to work, to see my family and just make them happy with my work. My worst job was at the same store but as an Assistant Manager in Planet Hollywood which at first I thought it was a great opportunity to gain more knowledge in my field of study and plus a higher pay. I thought it was going to be better for me and my future. It wasn’t, I ended up dropping school for a whole quarter because I didn’t have time, I was always tired and didn’t wanted to do anything. I was working full-time and going to school full-time, therefore my time was very limited. I felt like they didn’t appreciate me at that location, I’m the type that likes hard work and none of them worked, they fell into complacency and just starred at their phones all day, these were managers too, higher positions than mine. And that I didn’t like at all, I did all the work for all of them. Then I requested Vacation time for three weeks to go visit my family back home, I got it approved from the head offices, and then since we were short staffed they called me so many times, me being on vacation, to see when I was going back that they need me, that I shouldn’t of left like that and so on and so forth. When I finally came back from my vacation, I quit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment